Tuesday, December 4, 2012

When I go to my closet to get dressed I find lots of nice garments, but when I put them together to make an outfit it ends up looking like something I wouldn't choose for myself. How is that possible? I am the person who chose it all to start with!

Turns out some of my best outfits have been from pieces that I never would have bought for myself ... a long pleated wool skirt from my mother's closet, for example. Pieces that come floating into my life that I otherwise might not have given a first consideration, much less a second. Reminds me of some of life's best experiences, the ones we don't choose for ourselves, or that we think miss the mark for what suits us or what we expect. But, there they are, hanging in our closet. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment