Friday, May 3, 2013

I Ain't Got the Patience No More

I ain't got the patience no more.

It has been said of me, many times, that I have the proverbial patience of Job. So, what happened that morning, in the car, on the way home from a prayer breakfast, when I said to my husband, "I ain't got the patience no more."

It means I still have the patience of Job with life circumstances that come my way over which I have no control, literal acts of God as one might say, and with others who are experiencing such and striving to make their way through. But, I ain't got the patience no more for attention paid to behaviors, initiatives, conversations and so on and so on and so on and so on that do not move this world and its people to a better place.

I ain't got the patience no more for petty put downs, gossip, disgruntledness, insignificant aggravations, philandering. I ain't got the patience no more with joking that jabs and cuts. I ain't got the patience no more over bitter words from scowly mouths in perfectly created and healthy bodies ... what a waste. I almost ain't even got the patience no more for hopelessness ... though I'll respect it while a person sorts out a loss, or a new direction. But I ain't got the patience no more with whole and resourced lives sitting pitifully desiring ... something, anything they don't have, or trying to kick another person down in order to rise above, or determining that a child with less ought to just have to stay put.

That said, if I am not careful, I am going to end up in a place where I ain't got the patience no more with myself. Gotta always strive to claim all good things observed and invisible, and stay with what matters and makes a difference. Seek joy. Stay encouraged. Convey care. Wear love.


No comments:

Post a Comment