Friday, October 12, 2012

I can tell you one thing for darn sure, and that is that I would not want to be expecting a baby this day and time ... though maybe not for the same reason you might be thinking. It occurred to me tonight as I was at a wedding that expectant moms of today have lost one of the greatest luxuries of all time of being pregnant - maternity clothes. My gosh, I'd like to wear maternity clothes now just for the pure comfort of it, and I surely would want them at 9 months pregnant and not have to feel like I'm still having to "suck it in." These days the "maternity" clothes are body skimmers, and I simply cannot imagine not having clothes that expand with the waistline over those months. I cannot imagine any feeling of snugness during those months of expanding waistline. Sheesh. I guess the clothes are cute? But, are they really? Are the soon to be moms really comfortable feeling the tightness inside and outside the body as the clothes grab hold of the belly and squeeze? Do these expectant moms go home and slip into something roomy and comfy? Oh I hope so. Live free for a few months ... that's all you get.

1 comment:

  1. I would still wear maternity clothes if it were socially acceptable. My baby is 28 years old. :)

    ReplyDelete