Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Get ready ... brace yourself ...


Yummy Wife – Hot Nude Wives At Home, Horny Cheating Wife, Bang My Wife

Login – Married Wife Cheating Wives Wife Lovers …

Nymphomaniac Wife/Hot Wife With High Sex Drive/More …

Wife – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Benefits, Rules of Wife Swapping & Wife Swapping Stories
I was neither ready nor braced when the search results were up ... all the above are the top five results from a bing search of the word "wife." I had intended to enter the name of a man I had just heard speak in a TED talk who referred to his wife several times, followed by the word "wife." Instead, the way whatever is written in the search window is highlighted when the window is revisited and then deleted when additional typing begins, I ended up unintentionally searching for the singular word "wife."
And, in an instant, the top five webpage results for the word "wife" were splayed across my computer screen. My repsonse? Confusion. Then shock. Then horror. Then anger. Then despair for the condition of the honor of "wife".
I remember from over 30 years ago a comment from a husband to his wife that he wanted her to be "more than a wife." I distinctly remember wondering, silently of course, what that meant. How could a wife be more than a wife unless "wife" implied something less than, something limited, something undesirable. These top websites, with the notable exception of Wikipedia, seem to speak to that syndrome.
A "wife" has been denigrated into a concept of "vulgar," which has been denigrated into a concept of desireable. Dishonor and disregard accomplished. 

Proverbs 12:4a
A good wife is the crown of her husband ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment