Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stephen Colbert needs a co-host ... a Republican looking, rich white women in her mid-fifties who is not what she seems. Boy, paint up the spider veins in my legs, put me in a cute short skirt and let me sit there on a stool beside him. Could I ever confuse the waters and ride sheriff extraordinaire.

I look so much like I am not.

That I realize when I think on the fact that parking is not a problem where I attend church because most people do not have a car. In fact, most of them do not have home. Yes, you heard me ... most of them do not have a home. I have found a church home (all blond tinted, bejeweled, sharp dressed me arriving in my cinnamon colored Volvo wagon) with people who are homeless. I have found them to be the least judgmental of Christians. I ended up at this church of no judgment when the "First (fill in the blank) Church of Huntsville was suspicious of my inquiries about the sanctuary when my daughter was looking for a place to be married. Yes, I was of that denomination. Yes, I have attended church at this church this summer upon my return to Huntsville after a flee as a widow. Yes, I am a CHRISTIAN!!!!!

I look like I should be for values of faith and marriage and all that is right with the Republican party. I look nice and sweet and within the box of acceptability. However, I have experienced want and need. I have lived divorce. I have had cancer. I have lost my hair. I have lost my breasts. I have been widowed. I have had failed reconstructive surgery. I have recognized that others in life are "just trying' to live." I have watched my mother suffer and die from Alzheimer's. I see my father challenging Parkinson's. I see brother and sister living their lives along side the life of a caregiver. I see Hispanic contributors to our community who desire a life of hope and opportunity for their children that is available only in the USA. And I care. I have thought about it.

And this church of mine. It is called Grateful Life and is that ever appropriate. I love Grateful Life. We have to call down the talkers in the back of the room. We have to awaken the snorers. Sometimes, we have to clean up vomit. But, we are all there. We are mixed. And we are praising God together. Thanks be to God.

Stephen Colbert ... just try to figure this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment