Monday, August 27, 2012

I am enraged. While I read of politicians who speak to me of familiar and safe political subjects, of inappropriate and dishonorable conduct of the other, of how much more money one party dumps into strip clubs than the other party (strip clubs which represent mutually consensual abuse and which do nothing Positive for anyone), and of retrospective conditions, successes, and failures of the USA, I cannot help but desire better.

You want my vote? Speak to me so that I and thousands of others can find common ground for betterment of all. Speak to me so that I and others quietly reflect on what you have said so that we are inspired to come forward to work with you and for you. Speak to me saying you do not know the answers though you know the needs and the questions. Speak the needs and the questions to bring forth citizens who have resources and passions and desires to implement the answer you may not know.

Speak to the life circumstances of those of us who live in the USA, who gain greatly and beyond measure from living in such a country but who are challenged. Speak to the men and women who have lived a truly honorable life of contribution to family, community, nation, and indeed the global state, who lose enough in later years to need provision. Speak to the unacceptable circumstances and lack of options available to honorable elderly men and women who still look for dignity that they have worked decades to achieve for themselves and others. Speak to parents whose children do not have the option of a path for self-sufficiency.

Speak to me of implementing programs and jobs and corps that serve the employed and care for those in need. Does that go against your politics? The day there are no more physically devastating and disabling diseases, no catastrophic changes to life goals, no lack of opportunity for those who desire it then I might be willing to listen to trite rhetoric from the podium that sadly reflects your current politics.

Right now, I'd simply prefer a collection be taken of what might otherwise go in the G-string. Use it to help someone in another month of rehab or nursing home care or home health or health insurance payment or to awaken a mind.

Elvis has now left the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment